Friday, February 13, 2009

My Funny Valentine

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. According Wikipedia the holiday is named after two early Christian martyrs and it was made popular in the middle ages, when courtly love flourished. Also according Wikipedia, the tradition goes that lovers take the day to express their love for each other by sending Valentine's cards, presenting flowers or confectionery.

As I write this post, the "My Funny Valentine" song keeps playing in my head - I just love it! Try to listen to the versions by Matt Damon (yes - the actor), Sting or the J. J. Soul Band.

Well... time to bring out the Romeo inside.

"If I profane with my unworthiest hand
This holy shrine, the gentle fine is this -
My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand
To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss."

0 comments:

Post a Comment